We all want our trees to stay healthy and look good. But sometimes, despite our best efforts, a tree dies. Whether it’s from disease, pests, or simply old age, a dead tree is an eyesore and can also be dangerous. Here are some signs that you have a dead tree:
- The bark is falling off: This is often one of the first signs that a tree is dying. If the bark is peeling or falling off in large chunks, it’s a sure sign that the tree is not long for this world.
- The tree is leaning: A healthy tree will stand straight and tall. If your tree is starting to lean to one side, it’s a sign that the roots are no longer strong enough to support the tree’s weight. That can be due to disease, age, or damage to the roots.
- Rot or fungus: If you see signs of rot or fungus on the trunk or branches of your tree, it’s another sign that the tree is in trouble. These can be caused by disease, pests, or simply old age.
- Open wounds: If you see open wounds on the trunk or branches of your tree, it’s a sign that the tree is vulnerable to disease and pests.
- No leaves: This is a pretty obvious sign of something wrong with your tree. If the leaves are all gone, or if they’re brown and withered, it’s a sign that the tree is not getting the nutrients it needs to survive.
- Root damage: If you see signs of root damage, such as cracked or broken roots, it’s a sign that the tree is not getting the water and nutrients it needs to survive. That can be due to disease, pests, or simply old age.
If you see any of these signs, taking action is important. Dead trees can be dangerous, and they can also spread disease to other trees. If you’re unsure what to do, call a professional tree care service. They will be able to assess the situation and recommend the best course of action.
Get The Tree Experts To Inspect Your Trees
If you think your tree might be dead, don’t take chances. Call Mid America Tree Experts LLC, and we will send a certified arborist to assess the situation. We will determine whether or not the tree can be saved, and we will provide you with a detailed report.
We also offer tree removal services, so if the tree is beyond saving, we can take care of it for you. Call us today and let us help you keep your property safe and beautiful!