Trees are a crucial part of our ecosystem. Not only do they provide essential oxygen and help to regulate the climate, but they also provide homes for countless wildlife species. So it is important that we do everything we can to protect them.
Part of that involves learning about the causes of tree diseases so that we can properly treat them when they occur. In this blog post, we will be covering the five most common causes of tree diseases. By familiarizing ourselves with these factors, we can help ensure that our trees stay healthy and thrive for years.
5 Causes Of Tree Diseases
1. Poor Site Conditions – One of the most common reasons trees become diseased is poor site conditions. That can include things like compacted soil, lack of drainage, or inadequate sunlight. These factors can stress trees and make them more susceptible to disease.
2. Pests & Pathogens – Pests and pathogens can also weaken trees. These can include insects, fungi, bacteria, and viruses. If a tree is already stressed, these pests and pathogens can easily take hold and cause disease.
3. Poor Nutrition – Poor nutrition is another common cause of tree diseases. That can be due to compacted soil, which doesn’t allow roots to access nutrients, or poor quality soil that doesn’t have enough nutrients, to begin with. Either way, trees can become malnourished and susceptible to disease.
4. Weather – Extreme weather conditions can also lead to tree diseases. Drought, excessive moisture, or extreme temperatures can all stress trees and make them more susceptible to disease.
5. Trees Age – As trees age, they become more susceptible to disease. That is because their immune systems weaken, and they can’t fight off pests and pathogens as easily.
As you can see, tree diseases can be caused by different factors. The most common include poor site conditions, pests and pathogens, poor nutrition, and extreme weather conditions. If you are concerned about tree diseases in your landscape, contact a certified arborist for help.
Get The Best Tree Care In St. Louis with Mid America Tree Experts
At Mid America Tree Experts, we understand how important trees are to the environment and your property’s aesthetic. That’s why we offer the best tree care in St. Louis. We have a team of experienced arborists who will work diligently to ensure that your trees are healthy and vibrant.
We offer a variety of services, including tree trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, and more. We also offer emergency tree services, so you can rest assured that we will be there for you when you need us most. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’re the tree experts in St. Louis you need! We look forward to working with you!